Saturday, March 14, 2009

One Year Ago

On this day, one year ago, we brought our baby boy home from the hospital! When Micah was born, he had some breathing issues, so after being transferred to St. Mary's, and 6 days in the NICU there, we were able to bring our little 6# 4oz bundle home.






















We were so excited to come home! Not to mention the girls! The signs they made say "Welcome home Daddy, Happy Birthday Mommy, and Love You Micah" I missed them so much, as we were staying overnight at the hospital once Micah was able to start nursing. I remember waking up at 3am, walking down the hall to feed him. I always wore my slippers and long sweater so I could wrap Micah up in it. He had lots of wires attached, so it was kinda difficult to snuggle without setting off alarms!















March 14, 2008



March 14, 2009

My baby went from being so small to learning "so big!" Micah has been such a blessing to our family. He still is up multiple times at night to eat, and screams when I leave his sight. He says "Dadda" more than he says "Mama" but when he is not happy or hungry, only mom will do! But when he is tired, he loves to nap with his daddy.

Micah is an adorable, funny, mischevious, precious little chub of a boy. I am just imagining the amout of food I will need to keep in the fridge when he is in high school!

I'm adding a few pictures from his birthday-- the rocking horse was his gift from Daddy and Mama.













































He was such a ham today when he was in his high chair!

4 comments:

erin said...

ohhhh......... i miss him! and the rest of you of course. he's getting so big. love the pictures. yes, he was being a ham. so cute!

Heather said...

What a handsome little ham he is. I'll have to send you the rest of the pictures from his birthday. Love you!

A day in the Life... said...

He has gotten so big! Happy Birthday!!

Jess(ica) said...

Oh he is so adorable! I love that cake, too, btw!