Monday, March 23, 2009

not me! monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I was not extremely pleased with myself just now as the not me! icon worked for me!

We did not attempt to give Micah a haircut this weekend.... which was a good thing cuz his gramma said he was starting to look like a girl...We was so interested in the clippers-(he loves electronics) that we did not have to entertain him with the clippers while I cut his hair with the scissors!!! But isn't he handsome???



While shopping on Sunday, Micah had an extremely runny nose, and because I'm a descendant of my mother, had a bulging pocket full of kleenex, actually no I didn't. Because I was in dire need of a kleenex, and because I'm a mother, you get creative! To my daughter's unbelief, I did not pull out my pink chenille glove, and take care of the gushing green goo! I did not have to do that about 7 more times, so my glove has polka dots!!

I did not have some fun with telemarketers this week! Usually I don't answer, but this week, something prompted me to be annoying.... On the first call "Can I speak to Rebecca Swanson please?" I decided to imitate the annoying teenager, and said very sarcastically, "No thanks," and then hung up. Saturday, the phone rang... Chris said "Who's unknown name, unknown number?" I said, "Telemarketer, I'll take it." I took the phone and whispered, Hello? Then I got louder, and someone started talking, but I don't know what they were saying because I kept saying Hello over and over and louder and louder in an old-lady-chain-smoker-slightly-senile voice! Chris was laughing at me, so I had to pause every now and then so as not to let them hear me laughing! I am please to announce they hung up on me!!!


I just had to edit this blog as Ashleigh, age 7, answered a telemarketer's call.... I did not realize it was a telemarketer, or I would have made her give me the phone to play the prank.... But in a high-pitched, sing-songy voice she said to someone from AT&T, "HI, my name is Penelope, and we sell pizzas!" She then hung up--I guess I need to teach her to try & stay on the phone without laughing until they hang up!!

I also did not convince my 4 year old that she needed to spend some of her birthday money. I must add, to buy a DVD that I wanted! (It's McHale's Navy Season Two, and actually our whole family loves it, but it was my idea) After Natalie realized she didn't want to spend that much money, I did not put a bug in her ear that maybe Callie would like to spend some of her birthday money too and they could buy it together! Natalie then decided that she wanted to buy McHale's Navy Season Two for me for my birthday NEXT YEAR!! So I did, once again, NOT convince her to give it to me as a belated present THIS YEAR!!!!!! OHHHHH YES, my kids DO love me!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

BECKY!!!! I cannot believe you made the girls buy that DVD! Now what am I going to get you for Christmas??? You're too funny!

Becky said...

McHale's Navy Season Three of course!!!!

erin said...

we're on the no call list so we unfortunately don't get telemarketers.... that's so cute what ash said.

and yes... i still can't believe you made the girls buy you that dvd!

cute haircut micah!

Becky said...

It's not like they didn't want it after I suggested it!

A day in the Life... said...

Micha's Hair looks cute :)

We are also on the no call list so thankfully we don't have to deal with telemarketers.. They drive me nuts!

Jess(ica) said...

You're hilarious! I can totally picture you saying "hello" in an fake, old lady voice for some reason, too!