Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Tip

Since this is cold & flu season, I thought I'd pass on a few tips:

1. Have a supply of chicken noodle soup in your pantry... warms you up when you have a cold, and is gentle on your stomach when recovering from the flu.
2. Hot peppermint or spearmint tea helps an upset stomach.
3. Any carbonated beverage helps with the flu or runs, but Sprite seems to be the most neutral flavor.
4. A mug of hot milk with a tablespoon of honey stirred in will sooth a sore throat, and also make coughing more effective... this one's from my Gramma, so it's true. It tastes really good too!

3 comments:

erin said...

ok i sooooo don't want to try the hot milk. it just sounds so gross! but next time i have a sore throat i'll try to remember to try it!

Jess(ica) said...

when i am sick, i want my mom. I don't think that ever changes no matter how old you get. But some of these tips might be a nice consolation if my mom isn't around!

Becky said...

I was surprised myself at how good it tasted... I actually have made a cup to drink when i was healthy!